What's going on guys, my name's Theoatrix and in this guide I'll explain everything you need to know about training your hunter level at Red Salamanders. Hunting Red Salamanders is the fastest way to train your hunter from level 59 to level 67, where Black Salamanders become faster at level 67.
• 59 Hunter
• Graceful Outfit
• 4+ Ropes
• 4+ Small Fishing Nets
Getting There (location)
Located South-West of Ardougne, near the Ourania Altar
• Ourania Teleport on the Lunar Spellbook (71 Magic & Lunar Diplomacy)
• Spirit Tree to Battlefield of Khazard and run West (Tree Gnome Village Quest)
• Dueling Ring to Castle Wars and run North
1) Navigate to the Red Salamander hunting area using the transportation methods shown above.
2) Set up 3-4 traps in the location shown below. This is the best area since all of the traps are close-by to each-other. If you don't have 60 hunter yet, you can only set up 3 traps, and you should use the 3 traps on the left side of the image.
3) Reset your traps as you harvest them. This is faster XP/HR and saves you running back and forth.
Training Tips & Tricks
• It's a good idea to bring 5+ Ropes & Nets so that if you log out and forget to pick up your traps, you don't need to re-visit the Grand Exchange
• The number of traps you can set up depends on your hunter level
• 59 Hunter: 80K Hunter XP/HR
• 60+ Hunter: 100K Hunter XP/HR
• The number of traps you can set up affects your XP/HR
• 59 Hunter: 3 Traps
• 60 Hunter: 4 Traps
• 80 Hunter: 5 Traps